- Drove up late, arriving about 10:15/10:30
- Had a MGB, talked w/ Linda & Anne and went to sleep
- Went to Lake Eleven w/ Linda.
- Linda planted.
- I cut down trees around the clearing.
- Drove back to Finlayson and had a Kettle River cheese pizza.
- Returned to Lake Eleven. Linda and Anne planted and weeded.
- Linda and Anne went home to Shoreview.
- I returned to Finlayson with the full intent of driving to Duluth for a
view of the big lake, but crashed instead.
- Took down the basketball backboard and hoop. While standing on the
'do not stand here' step of an 8' foot step ladder and while running my
sawzall had a bat fly directly at my face from behind the backboard.
Five minutes later had another one fly out, but over my head.
- Put on face mask and hat.
- Hosed down the bat poop. Lots and lots of bat poop.
- Showered and washed clothes...fear of bat poop borne viral diseases.
- Watched 'On the Waterfront.'
- Watered garden and pots.
- Watched 'Unforgiven.
- 8:00 Woke.
- 8:30 Ate a banana.
- 8:45. Repaired trim over garage (screws & glue)
- 9:15 Repair sofitt by door.
- 9:30 Scraped trim over garage.
- 10:00-12:00 Painted west side of garage and part of south side.
- 12:00-12:30 Cleanup (brushes, etc.)
- 12:30-1:00 Ate and drank.
- 1:00-2:00 Checked bees. Hive #4 destroyed 2nd queen.
Unfriendly. Placed a frame w/ eggs therein. Last chance.
- 2:00-3:00 Moved brush from lakeside to big pile.
- 3:00-3:30 Mowed.
- 3:30-4:00 Cleanup (personal and stuff)
- 4:30 Leave, go to
Lake 11, water garden.